Saturday, October 11, 2008

Redeeming Love, by Francine Rivers

Warning: this book is a can't put it down. Based on the book of Hosea in the Bible, our story is about a man who falls in love (per God's leading) with a prostitute. Here is a true picture of what it means to be loved unconditionally with a Christ-like love. Our hero is persistent in giving his love regardless of the hurtful responses he's receiving. But our heroine just cannot comprehend love, it has been skewed and perverted in her life. She rejects affection just as we so often reject our Savior's love. She cannot comprehend the freedom of surrender. There is so much that could be said, but I don't want to ruin it for you!

I was so drawn by this work. I dreamed about it. It was a teaching tool for me, as well as excellent entertainment. This book is life changing, and a worthy read for anyone of any faith. Now, of course, I'm working my way through the book of Hosea.

No comments: